- Learn the MD’s sleep apnea patient medical exam from “Start to Finish”
- Learn to evaluate your dental patients for OSA from a physician’s perspective
- Review the different screening tools to utilize for patients
- Obtain a deeper level of understanding on the overall health of OSA patients
Dr. Jonathan Lown, nationally recognized sleep physician, will educate dentists on a detailed medical exam for OSA patients. His goal is to educate dentists through his clinical knowledge and expertise to obtain a deeper level of understanding of the OSA patient.
- What is non-retractive orthodontics is and how can it have a positive impact on patient well-being?
- How airway health affects craniofacial pain and what to do about it.
- Why you can’t expand your way out of an anterior/posterior problem.
- How understanding non-retractive orthodontic techniques benefits the general/restorative dental practice
Most “modern” orthodontic techniques are still retractive in nature. They can (unintentionally) decrease the size of the airway which may have a negative impact on patient health. During this course Dr. Hang will share orthodontic techniques that protect and, in many cases, enlarge the airway (which can eliminate snoring and OSA). This course is about how dentists and orthodontists can prevent and reverse the detrimental effects of retraction. If you are an orthodontist worried about “Straight Teeth in a Box” or a Dentist who wants to have a more positive impact on patient health (and perform more restorative work), this course is for you!
- Learn how best CBCT practices to scan patients.
- Learn how to analyze periodontal and joint structure for OSA patients.
- Understand how to use airway imaging to boost case acceptance.
- Understand the benefits of a CBCT when referring to physicians.
- Learn the medical insurance requirements for filing claims CBCT.
This course teaches how to effectively utilize CBCT technology in your practice for sleep and airway patients. See various techniques to help analyze periodontal and joint structure. Learn how CBCT can boost case acceptance with sleep patients. Utilize CBCT scans when referring to physicians.
- Learn how to utilize CBCT in a dental sleep practice
- Understand the ADA Advisory Statement regarding prescribing CBCT scans.
- Learn the different uses of a CBCT in a dental practice.
Review all the potential uses for CBCT in your dental practice, ranging from Implantology, to Orthodontics, to Temporomandibular Joint and to Sinus and Airway Analysis. You will learn how to utilize CBCT as it relates to dental sleep medicine. You will also learn effective protocols and information on the management of OSA patients. Dr. Tucker will go through his process of purchasing a CBCT and how he uses it in his dental and sleep medicine practice.
- Gain a better understanding of your Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator patients.
- Learn about risk factors of OSA and how it can effect these operators
- Review studies about sleep and commercial motor vehicle operators
Some of the most dangerous machinery should have the people behind them health and alert. In this course, Dr. Tucker discusses the the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and Transportation Safety Awareness Task Force response to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Federal Railroad Administration. He will go through the risk factors and the economic burden of OSA on these companies.
- Review the side effects of oral appliance therapy.
- Review an extensive study to determine the comorbidities associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Learn about the effects of sleep quality on skin aging and function.
- Understand a study to determine the long-term efficacy and tolerability of custom oral appliances to treat obstructive sleep apnea.
Gain a deeper understanding and awareness of new clinical sleep research. In this course Dr. Tucker will go over comorbidities with OSA, side effects of Oral Appliance Therapy and the effects of sleep quality on skin aging. Dr. Tucker will share his opinion on trends in dental sleep medicine.