- Learn the historical developments of sleep health and understand the importance of sleep on overall health.
- Learn the 4 stages of sleep.
- Gain a medical understanding of the airway anatomy.
- Learn sleep terminology used in conversations with patients and also physicians.
- Understand why it is important to secure a diagnosis.
- Learn the full range of treatment options for patients diagnosed with OSA.
This course provides an important overview of sleep health. In this introductory course to sleep you will learn about the Definition of Sleep, Sleep History, Sleep Staging, Airway Anatomy, the Importance of a Healthy Airway, Sleep Terminology, Types of Sleep Tests, the Importance of Getting a Diagnosis and finally Treatment Options for Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Be able to learn to identify the reasons inhibiting successful dental sleep implementation.
- Learn to utilize the information that Dr. Elliott will provide to successfully treat sleep patients in your practice.
- Acknowledge the hurdles of dental sleep medicine and learn how to overcome them.
- Recognize correct protocols when implementing dental sleep medicine.
The field of dental sleep medicine is rapidly growing. Around 20% of patients in a dental practice have undiagnosed sleep apnea. Dentists are in an excellent position to help treat this epidemic although many dentists have problems with the obstacles dental sleep medicine entails. The struggles that dentists go through when implementing sleep apnea treatment frequently overwhelm dentists into evading pursuit of dental sleep medicine. With the correct protocols in place, dental sleep medicine can be implemented into any dental practice. Dr. Elliott will share her experiences implementing sleep and how she has achieved success in her practice.
- Importance of a Unified Office Communication Strategy
- Signs and Symptoms of an Obstructed Airway
- Identifying the Possibility of an Obstructive Sleep Airway
- Initiating Sleep Health Conversations
- Handling Patient Sleep Objectives
This course is designed to help you turn dental patients into sleep patients. Educating your patients about their airway health is half the battle. You will gain a better grasp on how to initiate sleep health conversations, identify obstructive sleep airway, distribute education and boost sleep airway awareness.
- Make the most of first impressions by focusing on the appointment goal
- Understand the methodology of securing new appointments
- Learn the 5-step process for taking sleep health calls
- Learn the art of answering questions and handling objections
- Understand the scheduling model overview
First impressions are of immense importance when talking to your sleep patients. If a patient calls in asking about sleep, does you and your team know what to say? This course will help your dental office master first impressions, phone etiquette, handling objections and securing sleep consultations and appointments.
- Gained knowledge on useful resources to help your dental sleep medicine practice.
- Learn plans for complications with oral appliance therapy.
- Learn the common difficulties for a dental sleep medicine practice and how to combat them.
Do you have all systems in place to ensure a successful Dental Sleep Medicine practice? Dr. Tucker will review some of the common pitfalls that circumvent maximizing your team and practice. If you are struggling with implementation, this is a great course to get back on track!
- Understand clinical practice guidelines for treatment of obstructive sleep apnea with Oral Appliance Therapy.
- Learn Dental Sleep Medicine Protocols.
- Review and understand the clinical practice guidelines for diagnostic testing for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Understand the relationship between Heart Disease and Obstructive Sleep Apnea and the need for patient screening.
Dr. Tucker will review the guidelines and protocols regarding sleep disordered breathing from the ADA, ACP, AMA, AADSM. This webinar will also dispel the myths regarding dental sleep medicine protocols and guidelines. The information shared in this webinar will be crucial to understand for the overall care of your dental sleep patients. You will learn the specifics of the various clinical and testing guidelines.