- Understand the most effective way to use certain types of appliances.
- Learn about the effects of different appliances on the mandible and airway.
- Understand how both horizontal and vertical advancement can be useful.
- Learn about the differences in mechanisms between various oral appliances.
Finding the perfect appliance for a patient that offers the most efficient treatment can be challenging. There have been recent and exciting advancements in oral appliance design. This course will go over the styles of appliances and various associated treatment options. Dr. Tucker will also define and review the importance of loop gain at the beginning of the webinar.
- Learn how to adjust the selected appliance for maximum effectiveness, optimum comfort and increased compliance.
- Learn about various selection of appliances
- Learn different patient scenarios and the best appliance selections for each patient
- Learn an overview of bite tools and thickness
Finding the ideal sleep appliance for your patient is key to OSA treatment success. Yet, every dental and orthodontic patient has unique needs and it’s not often clear as to which appliance is best for each case. At times, the selection process can be overwhelming. Scott Veis of Space Maintainers Laboratory has extensive hands-on DSM experience including insights and information on the pros and cons of sleep appliance purpose and performance. After this course, dentists will have a stronger understanding on how to select the optimal appliance in each dental sleep medicine patient case.
- Acquire a better understanding of the treatment protocols and follow up appointments for sleep.
- Learn the steps necessary to execute appliance delivery successfully
- Learn about the protocols for management of patient care
Many dental offices start with a great overview of how to run a dental sleep medicine practice but miss some of the small things. In this course, Dr. Tucker will review the process of appliance delivery and the steps for follow up and management of care for your OSA patients. He will go over tips and tricks on how to have your dental sleep medicine practice run smoothly.
- Learn to accurately predict who will respond to Oral Appliance Therapy
- Learn to complete a bite registration that will significantly decrease failures
- Learn to evaluate a sleep study & responses that are common with OAT
- Learn to speak with patients and sleep physicians about Oral Appliances, and how imaging plays a role in success
If you have not had as much success with oral appliance therapy as you would like, then this course is for you! This course reviews the different levels of success of oral appliance therapy and how you can improve. Dr. Todd Morgan will walk you through his struggles when treating sleep breathing disorders and how to boost your success rate. Additionally, he examines how oral appliances work and their overall success rate.
- Learn to Phenotype responders for Oral Appliance Therapy.
- Learn how to address common complications associated with Oral Appliance Therapy.
- Learn how to properly titrate an oral appliance to improve patient outcome.
- Learn to educate your patients on the care of an oral appliance.
- Learn how to set realistic treatment goals with your patients, don’t over-promise!
Dental Sleep Medicine can be fun, or you can set yourself up for headaches. Learn to avoid some of the pitfalls and how maximize your enjoyment of this growing field by reaching treatment goals sooner and with greater ease. Join Dr. Todd Morgan for an informative crash course on improving results and your interaction with patients. This course will teach dentist a rational approach to establishing patient expectations that will make delivering an oral appliance painless.