- Learn how to work with physicians and establish yourself as a Dental Sleep Expert.
- Learn how to overcome roadblocks to building a successful Dental Sleep Medicine Practice.
- Identify techniques for overcoming physician objections.
- Grasp the powers of referrals and communications.
Dr. Kent Smith will present techniques for establishing meaningful relationships with the physicians in your community. He will discuss why physicians may avoid relationships and what can be done by you to gain their respect and cooperation in treating patients in common. He will point out methods to upskill yourself in Sleep Medicine and how to use your success to gain trust and referrals.
- Learn to avoid the pitfalls that occur during physician outreach
- Learn the importance of creating relationships with Urologists, Cardiologists, Psychologists, Endocrinologists, and Pain Management Specialists for your dental sleep practice
- Learn a step by step process that will increase success rates with physician outreach
- Learn the appropriate clinical studies to utilize for the specific physician specialty
Local Physician outreach has been a challenge for most Dentists practicing dental sleep medicine. We all know that working with local physicians can be an enormous benefit to a dental practice. However, the outreach can sometimes be a very frustrating and labor-intensive process. Dr. Jonathan Lown is a sleep physician practicing in New York and has worked with dentists for several years. During this webinar, Dr. Lown will share his valuable insight that will help you reach out to Urologists, Cardiologists, Psychologists, Endocrinologists, and Pain Management Specialists. He will also provide a step-by-step protocol for outreach utilizing various clinical studies that coincide with the specific Specialties that you may be targeting.
- Learn about oral and nasal breathing.
- Understand choices in nasal airway obstruction relief.
- Learn how to better communicate with your local ENT
- Learn about the complications of nasal obstructions.
Have you ever wondered how your local ENT approaches sleep disorders? Treatment of OSA is about airway management. Dr. Tucker discusses with his ENT, Dr. Shane Griffith, how dentists and ENT’s can collaborate to treat their OSA patients. You will learn how to work with local ENTs to incorporate a multidisciplinary approach to treating your OSA patients. Dr. Shane Griffith and Dr. Tucker will review oral and nasal breathing as well.
- How to work with local, non-sleep physicians to reach more CPAP-struggling patients
- Tips and tactics for using the best resources to develop physician alliances and oral appliance awareness
- The nature and goals of an optimal dentist-physician relationship
- Learn critical information on the growth of dental sleep medicine practices by working with local physicians.
After this webinar, dentists will have a stronger understanding on how to work with local, non-sleep physicians to reach more CPAP struggling patients. Tips and tactics on using the best resources to develop physician alliances and oral appliance awareness will be discussed, along with understanding the nature and goals of an optimal dentist-physician relationship. In addition, Dr. Daniel Klauer will present critical information on the growth of dental sleep medicine practices by working with local physicians.
- Gain an understanding of the definition and key players in the “Sleep Channel”
- Understand the normal flow of CPAP patients
- Learn where the opportunities lie for dentist to work with the “Sleep Channel” to treat more patients
- Learn tips and techniques when treating non-compliant CPAP patients
This course will dive into the normal flow of a CPAP Patient. You will gain a stronger understanding of what DME’s, sleep labs and physicians do with CPAP patients. Additionally, tips and tactics for how dentists can rescue more CPAP refusing patients will be presented. The host of this course, Rob Suter, has clinically trained hundreds of RRTs and RPSGTs on CPAP devices, algorithms, and sleep lab titrations.
- Understand Phenotypic Influence on Success Rates of OAT.
- Learn the Pathophysiology of Components of the PALM model.
- Understand the Various Targeted Therapy Options Moving Forward.
- Learn How Phenotyping can be Helpful for Both Your Dental Sleep Practice and with Sleep Physician Collaboration.
Dr. Jonathan Lown, a nationally recognized sleep physician, will educate dentists on Phenotyping the OSA Patient. His goal is to educate dentists utilizing his clinical knowledge & expertise to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the importance of Phenotyping. Webinar topics covered will be anatomical considerations, the PALM scale, CO2 ventilation, loop gain, etc. This curriculum will not only assist you in helping your dental sleep patients, but it will also provide you a unique skill set when outreaching to local sleep physicians.
- Learn to grow your practice through a 100% referral based Dental Sleep Medicine practice.
- Learn strong foundational concepts needed to grow your dental sleep practice.
- Learn the pros and cons of taking digital impressions and using a CBCT for your sleep patients.
- Learn to identify when it’s best to consider becoming an In-Network provider with medical insurance carriers.
Scott Craig is the CEO of Midwest Dental Sleep. In this webinar, he will share his 13+ year journey in building one of the largest and most well respected dental sleep practices in the country. You will learn proven techniques that are currently utilized in his 6 practices and learn how to avoid the pitfalls when growing your dental sleep practice. Scott will review how to build solid physician relationships to significantly increase referrals to your practice. You will learn the importance of integrating proper systems/ protocols, having perseverance, and a well-trained team to create and manage a successful dental sleep practice.