- Learn new approaches on engaging with patients.
- Learn how to effectively use screening tools in your practice.
- Learn 7 unusual signs and symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Understand the importance of speaking with your patients about their Airway Health, rather than sleep apnea.
Most people living with obstructive sleep apnea don’t even know they have it! This course takes a deeper dive into learning new approaches on engaging with the “non-diagnosed” patient in your dental practice. Learn how to effectively screen the patients in your practice. Dr. Tucker will thoroughly discuss the signs and symptoms of sleep apnea to help your screen the patients already in your practice.
- Learn the importance of a unified message with you and your team
- Review successful conversation starters when talking to your patients
- Learn about the challenges undiagnosed patients with obstructive sleep apnea
- Learn about the risk factors of OSA and how to properly present them to your patients
Many dental practices typically struggle with educating patients on the necessity of a diagnosis of OSA. This course will help you increase patient acceptance of getting their sleep evaluated. Dr. John Tucker will review protocols on screening his patients and helping them understand the importance of obtaining a sleep test.
- Understand what home sleep testing results mean to your and your patients.
- Review and understand the different types of Sleep Monitors used to assess sleep disorders.
- Review the physiologic variables measured by sleep monitors.
- Learn and understand the details presented on a sleep study.
This webinar presents an in depth look at sleep monitoring, sleep test equipment and the results from the tests. Review a recent publication from the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, “Conventional Polysomnography Is Not Necessary for the Management of Most Patients with Suspected Obstructive Sleep Apnea”. This webinar will provide you relevant information regarding the management of your PAP intolerant OSA patients.
- Learn how to read home sleep test results.
- Learn how to read Diagnostic PSG and Titration sleep test results.
- Learn how to understand a Sleep Hypnogram.
- Learn the Pros and Cons of Home Sleep Testing.
- Learn about Sleep Fragmentation and its importance.
Jonathan Lown, MD, a nationally recognized board-certified sleep physician, discusses the basics of sleep as shown on a patient sleep study. He reviews how to read a study and how sleep apnea is diagnosed from the study. Sleep test result comparisons are shown between before and after oral appliance therapy and also after appliance calibration. Sleep test results from most of HST monitors on the market are compared, as well as PSG results.
- Learn the AASM Clinical Guidelines for Home Sleep Testing.
- Review the Future of Sleep Medicine in the United States.
- Learn how to apply the guidelines to your dental practice.
- Review a case study regarding how to obtain a diagnosis using home sleep testing.
Join us as Dr. Tucker reviews recent publications and guidelines for home sleep testing. Learn to identify home sleep testing policy fact from fiction and understand how to adapt best practices for dentists utilizing home sleep testing. Dr. Tucker will review the guidelines from the AASM, ADA, AMA and AADSM.
- Understand the technology behind pulse oximetry
- Learn how to best utilize pulse oximetry to pre-screen sleep and airway patients.
- Understand the interpretation report and what this means to your patients.
- Learn how to leverage this data with local physicians.
Use of pulse oximetry will be presented as an essential tool in clinical and home sleep screening, and as a key to pre-diagnosing sleep apnea. Dr. Tucker will review the technology behind pulse oximetry. Detailed physiology of the respiratory system will be discussed and related to potential health conditions leading to decreased oxygen levels. A post treatment follow-up protocols prior to the patient’s titration sleep test will be presented.